I couldn't remember when I was born. I just knew that I would be confined in this small place for my whole life. My life was extremely boring, everyday I was doing the same thing. Sleeping. Eating. Pretending to be cute. Watching pedestrians passing me. My life would be in a loop like this, unless something happened, someone interfered.
That day, a young boy and a man halted in front of me and my companions. We all knew this was a chance for us to get out of this overcrowded place, so we all tried our best to pretend to be cute and bark the most lovely sound in the world.
I have got nineteen competitors beside me, so a 5% chance for me to be chosen. Small, but still there was a chance. Finally, the boy's eyes were gazing at me, then he muttered something to the man beside him. The man picked out several thin green papers and pushed the boy into the shop.
" Woof!Woof!" My companions stared at me jealously as I kept barking and running around in the small cage. I knew I was going out, because everytime before my companions were taken by these people, they had to give this thin green paper to those who fed us.
And I was here, given a big house to live in which I didn't need to share with my other annoying companions. I got my own toys which I didn't get in my original cage. If I was bored, I could just walk around in my keeper's house which was super big. It has got three floors and a large garden behind his house. I could go anywhere if I wanted to.
It was very quiet here, my life too. My keeper, that young boy, rarely came to see me. I always saw him going out with a moving box. That box got four small wheels under it. I always heard his parents saying " safe flight, son" before he went out. His parents were very busy, from 8 o'clock in the morning, I couldn't see them at home.
Everyday, I would sit on the grassland outside the house and wait for my keeper. Even it rained heavily, and winds blowing, I would still keep waiting there. I so wanted to see my keeper coming home, I so wanted to see his cute and smiling face. Everyday, I was left home, listening to nothing but the chirping of the birds that sometimes flew past the house.
Everytime when my keeper went back home, I would bark happily and jumped into his arms.
He would use his arms to enclose me such that I could feel his warm body. He would sometimes tickle me under my mouth. I then closed my eyes to enjoy these precious moments. These moments are so precious like fireworks, which last for a short time. Soon, he would leave me waiting on the grassland again.
One day, I saw his parents and he opened door for six muscular men and those men packed nearly everything in the house and moved them inside a huge blue truck.
I heard his parents saying, " Son, are you excited? Time for a new house!"
And he answered enthusiastically," YES OF COURSE! Dad, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"
Then he looked at me," what about Bobby, I think we can buy another one there. Maybe we will give it to Jason."
I didn't understand this until he brought me to a house that was a stranger for me. Inside the house, I found his hands pushing me towards a boy looking as tall as him, and I felt anger burning inside my body.
SO MY KEEPER IS SENDING ME AWAY! SO HE WAS NOT REALLY CARING FOR ME, then WHY? WHY? HOW COME I WAIT FOR A PERSON WHO DOESN'T REALLY CARE FOR ME NO MATTER IT IS RAINING HEAVILY OR NOT! HE DOESN'T DESERVE MY LOVE!
I actually let my tears run down my cheeks. I just dashed towards him and bit on his shoe. He staggered backwards and kicked at me with another foot. I was sent flying out of the window.
Thump!
Luckily, I landed on grass. I immediately ran away from it. I couldn't think of anything else but to get away from that devil as far away as possible. I didn't know if it was the winds blowing into my eyes or I was really crying, but I felt the fur under my eyes became soaked.
I ran into an ocean of dandelions and saw balls of dandelions broke into infinitely small pieces, just like my heart.
I kept running until my tongue was already tired of evaporating the sweat, until my muscles became all tensed, until my brain screamed for me to stop.
I just fell asleep on the spot.
My eyes then fluttered open, because I felt somthing was touching me.
Those were two hands. They weren't like my ex-keeper's hands. They were very dry and full of wrinkles. They were rough hands, but I was like receiving a comfortable bath from those hands. I saw his face which covered by millions of wrinkles and dirts. I met those eyes, which were not as shiny as the boy's.
He suddenly whispered, " Oh little doggie, you are finally awake. Hey, see what I have got for you."
He pushed a small cup towards me, and I looked down into the cup. It was just water, and I saw some dirts inside. However, my mouth was so dry like putting me in a desert for moths. I took a sip and quickly licked all the water inside it.
" That's more like it, I hope I have some bread with me." He said as he casted a big warm smile at me, and I rested myself in his arms.
Then I found out the sky already turned back, and the air around us was freezing cold. I got deeper into his arms and looked at the glittering sky.
I always heard people saying shooting stars brough good luck to them, and they would make a wish when they came across them.
If I really came upon them, I would say, " if one day I gonna die, I wanna die in his arms. And if he also dies one day, I want him to carry me to Heaven in his arms and we both will bath in the sunshine."
A story quite amazing, not very surprising but touching. Conspicuous improvements!!
ReplyDeleteA story quite amazing, not very surprising but touching. Conspicuous improvements!!
ReplyDeleteTouching and inspiring story. Description to the least details. Good try! One reminder: please proofread your work.
ReplyDelete