Saturday, 22 August 2015

When boredom comes to me, I write...


When I was thinking to write over what I usually do during this long summer holiday, I was tortured by boredom. Me, sitting alone in my bedroom, sitting in front of my computer, was like being locked up in an invisible cell.

 

Maybe I will write about today.

 

A day of boredom that leads to my exhaustion and sleepiness, as always.

 

I, like everyone, woke up with a foul mouth and still blurred eyes. Then, I of course brushed my teeth and had my breakfast.

 

After it, I locked myself in my bedroom, sitting in front of my computer.

 

My mother would then scream at me, telling me not to site there too long. I simply nodded and said " of course, mom." before she went to work.

 

Then I was the only person left at home, and I was the King. I basically have the freedom to do whatever I am interested in, such as computer games and Game of thrones. Don't you feel a little bit excitement churning inside you when you are left alone at home? Yes, of course you do. Just some teenage madness.

 

I decided to read the book, the book thief, first. May I give you some information of the book. A girl, growing up in Germany during the time period which Nazi party grew to its power. Being a daughter of a communist, she was sent to her foster parents. She 'stole' her first book during her brother's funeral. When she arrived at her new home, she met her friendly Papa, and an aggressive Mama. Her Mama loved to berate rich people scornfully, saying abrasive words, and cooked atrociously. However, her Mama did care for her. She slowly adapted to the life there, and made friend with Rudy. They went through quite many things together (some food stealing, for example), and Rudy always painted himself as a audacious person. Being an illiterate, the book thief was lucky to have Papa teaching her the words, and she found she was in love with books. She stole her second after discovering that some books were not burnt completely during the bonfire.

 

I am currently at the chapter which Max, a Jew that escaped the round-up, came to her home to seek Papa's protection and shelter. Well, let's see what will happen to them. Ah right, the name of the book thief was Liesel Meminger.

 

Then, my eyes reminded me to rest.

 

After my nap, it was my Game of Thrones time.

 

It was like a magnet to me that attracted me to watch more and more of it. Though some scenes were gruesome, such as beheading or throat cutting, I still watch it because it is gripping. But what I wasn't too happy was that the good men always were the ones killed but not the ruthless villains. But, my friends, have faith in the good people, one day, justice will have found their own light. I am looking forward to SEASON 6!!!!

 

Then, I found out the sky was dimmer, and there was a crescendo of voices below me. I looked down through the window and saw children running around, chasing each other. Then the sorrow came back to me, why am I stuck here, while others are playing and sweating? Then I thought that I have changed, I am already a teenager. Teenagers don't run around. But why, not because it is wrong, but because it seems to be immature in others' eyes. Sometimes, it is just others judging you. Sometimes, the answer is the whole lot people out there. But I really want to sweat like how I did it in childhood, and play hide-and-seek with other children.

 

Sometimes, if you are the one against the world, don't fear, because there is no definite right or wrong answer.

 

The phone rang, time to go.

 

I am sure you find out that I have no main point for this passage. It is correct, I am just writing down everything that flashed in my brain. As I said, boredom drove me crazy, and often to stupidity.

 
Let's find a way to kill the boredom tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment