This is the first time I ever see such grand building, underground. This building cannot described by 'grand' actually, because it has an area of half of California. However, only 20 nurses and 2 doctors are employed here. This building receives patients who behave and thinks abnormally.
And today, I am here to be the inspector of this hospital, and also the first time to witness, who those rebellions to the society are.
I tightly hold the Ipad 14 in my hands.
When I reach the gates, the dean of the hospital, Jill, is standing there to give me a welcoming hug. He then shows me the way to the front hall of the building. Then he takes out an Ipad 13 and shows me the map of the building.
It consists of 4 regions, each for children, teenager, adult and elderly.
I nods and walks towards the elderly region.
This region is said to be the 'give-up' region, because those elderly are hopeless. They just cannot get accustomed to the changes of the world. However, the dean said they have not given up on these elderly, they would make the elderly change with the society.
Now, I am outside their ward, and see a nurse rushes out of the ward with an angry face.
" It is right to give up on these old men. They are just so stubborn, they keep on insisting that they eat by themselves! They just keep yelling for us to stop those robots which serve and put the food into the mouth. Why can't they just change with the world."
Then she yells, " X71, I need water." Then a robot immediately comes to her and pours water into her mouth. After she has had enough, she tells the robot X71 to go away.
I go into the ward, and see a desperate old man fighting off a 'feeding robot'.
" I want to eat by myself. I don't want this robot." Then he punches harmlessly on the robot. I frown at him and say to the dean, " I think a little bit of forces are needed on this old man."
" Yes sir."
Then he presses a button on the robot and the robot uses its metal arm to open the old man's mouth and pour a spoonful of porridge into his mouth. I snicker as he yells unclearly for help. You deserve it, old man. The world has changed, it is now the world of IT technology. If you don't follow it, you are to be isolated from the world.
I snicker again, walking out of the ward to another region.
The adults here are definitely better than the elderly.
At least they won't fight those robots most of the times, and they are also williing to learn how to use the most developed electronic devices such as the Supercomputers and Ipad 14. The atmosphere here is peaceful, and most nurses say that these people recover quite fast. And very soon, these people would be sent back to normal life.
After I talk with some of the adults using the 'mind-telephone', it is time for me to move on to the next region.
The teenagers here receive most appreciation. They are quick learners for IT stuff, even faster than the adults.
I am very certain there won't be a region for teenagers soon.
It has come to the final region: children.
According to what Jill said, the most disastrous region is the children.
People in the past said that children own the best soul, but do they? If this is true, why are they so troublesome ?
I am going to find out.
I walk past their ward, and find most of them are sleeping (in fact it is 11:00 p.m. at the moment). However one of them is sitting on the bed, reading a book.
A real book!
I pull open the door and walk beside this little rebellion.
" How dare you read a book! Where did you get the book? Don't you know even if you want to read books, you have to read them on Ipad?" I then pull away the book from him and tear the book into thousands of pieces.
He then weeps, crying for his book.
I snicker and say under my breath, no such luck, kid.
Jill is beside me when I bang the door closed. He is leading me to a particular room, a room for the most dangerous person, a kid obviously.
Jill warns me not to let the kid play with my mind. " He speaks things that seem to be right, but those words are extremely harmful to our society. We must not let those words spread like cancer cells."
I decide to walk into his room though Jill keeps warning me not to do it.
He is a very skinny and small boy, sitting on the ground of a spacious room. He is staring at me. We remain silent for a while, then he breaks the silence.
" Sir, have you heard of the game hide-and-seek? I have always wanted to play it, but the society makes me stand alone."
" To be frank, I only know it is a boring game played by the kids in the old days. Nothing so special."
" I bet you haven't experienced the excitement brought by the game. I think it might even be more exciting than the games on the Supercomputers and Ipad. Also a children organization once said that children should stay outdoor and do sports and games that require movement. These games were proved to make children develope better. However, time passed, and IT technology took over our life, even children. And nowadays, it is wrongly encouraged that all people including children should spend more time on electronic devices."
I am truly surprised by the things this child said. Then, I ask him," Where on earth can you find those things? I have never come across those things."
" Certainly not on the internet, because all information that concerns about these things are blocked by the government. However, I am just a genius rebellion. I know how to find things from places that others cannot. Sometimes, I have a feeling that I am knowledge and technology itself."
I start to be interested in talking with him, to this a bit intelligent and arrogant kid.
And then he said, " wanna sit down here?"
I put down the Ipad on the ground and sit in front of him.
That is when my Ipad is beeping.
Don't let him play with your mind. It said, from Jill.
I immediately become alert and stand up. I sicker, " don't you dare to deceive me, kid!"
The boy let out a sigh and say," truth is always too traumatic for today's people, especially for the adults. You shouldn't have met me. You should leave now, sir."
He is actually wanting me to leave?
But yes, I am leaving. I open the door and hear him saying, " Have you heard of Einstein, a very great man?"
I nod and forget to leave the room immediately.
" I love one of his famous verses."
I choose to stand there for one more moment.
" He once said, I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots. Do you think this is true, sir?"
" You speak too much, kid."
Then I close and lock the door.
I turn to Jill and ask," Why the government let him live?"
Jill says, " It is said that he set up virus for electronic devices that would stop the whole world's functioning. And experts say that this is true and it is impossible to remove the virus. If we kill him, the virus would be activicated, and the whole world would be in chaos. That's why he is the most dangerous person in the world."
Then I recall his words, Sometimes, I have a feeling that I am knowledge and technology itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment